Interesting Facts About Australia – Australia – a wonderful country with an ideal environment, amazing scenery and unrivaled nature!
Australia – a country of contrasts, because the huge cities with all the creature comforts are located near the deserted pristine beaches, pristine lakes and wildlife. Want to try a good deep-fried crocodile meat, gourmet meal with a young ostrich, or simply unforgettable rest? Then you are the best choice for you is Australia!
Interesting Facts About Australia
1. The capital of Australia – Canberra. Canberra’s population – 300,000 people. One of the largest cities in Australia is – Sydney, which has a population of 4 million in view of the fact that the country’s two largest cities – Sydney and Melbourne could not decide which of them should be the capital, became the city of Canberra, purpose-built as the capital in place existed from the 1824 settlement of Canberra. The capital is located approximately midway between the two cities.
2. In Australia, the highest mountain is Kosciuszko (2228m). Recent studies have found that the highest mountain on the continent is Mount Taunslend. Only with respect to the discoverer of Mount Kosciuszko Paweł Edmund Strzelecki, Australian authorities have taken a surprising decision: to rename the mountain. The case ended with the fact that Townsend was renamed Kosciuszko, and Kosciusko, respectively, in Townsend. Thus, the memory of the pioneer and honored, and the highest point of the continent has not changed.
3. The world’s largest pasture / ranch is located in Australia. By area, it is like Belgium. This is – the fact.
4. Did you know that in the Great Barrier Reef has a mailbox? If you want to send a letter or postcard to friends and family, just need to take the ferry to go there. But do not forget to stick the stamp of the Great Barrier Reef. The Great Barrier Reef – the longest coral reef in the world.
5. The Sydney Opera House – one of the main tourist attractions, the building in which it is located, is considered one of the most beautiful buildings of the 20th century. This building was built in the 1960s and has excellent acoustics. It contains about 1,000 rooms, and is capable of simultaneously accommodate more than 5,000 people. Did you know that the roof of the Sydney Opera House weighs more than 161,000 tons?
6. The Sydney Harbour Bridge (Sydney Harbor Bridge) – the world’s largest steel arch bridge, Sydney Television Tower (Sydney Tower Center) – the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere.
7. The cleanest air in the world – in Tasmania, one of the areas of the Australian continent. Sand Beach Hyams, located on the Gulf of Jersey, are listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the whitest sand in the world.
8. Eyre is the most dry lake in the world, most of the time in the year it was absolutely no water, it is covered with a crust of salt that reaches a thickness of more than 4 meters.
9. Also in Australia, there is the world’s largest sand island called Fraser, and it is the greatest in the world of Dune, 120 km long.
10. In the vicinity of Perth, is the oldest rock on earth, the age of about 3 billion years is called – Stone Wave (Wave Rock).
11. Most Australian cities are located near the ocean or beach. Beaches can be found here every 1000 km.
12. By the Australian roads move the world’s longest auto-trains: powerful tractors driven 2-4 laden trailer. It also recorded a world record for the length of the train: Stephen Matthew on the tractor Kenworth C501 c 79 trailers a total length of 1,018.2 meters drove 8 kilometers near Kalgoorlie, State WA.
13. The deepest underwater canyon – a 40-kilometer canyon off the coast of Australia. Its depth reaches 1,800 meters, width – about 30 miles away.
14. Melbourne Zoo is the first and oldest in Australia. It was opened in 1862 and originally served as a center for acclimatization pets entering the country.
15. Australian cuisine – it is adapted to local conditions English cuisine. Each state is famous for its specialty product.
16. Sydney Aquarium – one of the largest aquarium in the world, it consists of a set of underwater tunnels, so visitors can watch more than 6000 species of fauna from the world of directly overhead.
17. Lake Hillier, located on the island of Middle – a unique lake with a pink water, the cause of which scientists still can’t explain.
18. One of the main sources of replenishment of the national budget is the sale of gas and ore. But money is not deposited in the treasury, and generously distributed among the citizens, thus, as already mentioned, the standard of living and prosperity here is extremely high.
19. But not only for fuel rich continent. Here and land is generous, carefully processed by farmers. Wheat, which has grown in one year, calculated on a ton for each resident of the country.
21. But the fact that doctors in Australia have never come home, and the ambulance arrives only in the most extreme cases, is not talking about bad-functioning health care system, and the high level of citizens’ health, their awareness and respect for one’s own health.
22. Did you have somewhere to household appliances was standing right in the middle of the street and everyone could get it? In Australia, all things are possible. People put up near their homes, belongings, equipment and other household utensils, which they no longer need, and every passerby can pick them yourself.
23. Australia is full of kangaroos, they often go out on the road, and inattentive drivers bring down animals. In Australia, home to about 100 species of kangaroo, from babies up to half-meter giants measuring 3 meters.
24. Locals eat kangaroo … And with one animal can eat no more than 1 kg of meat, and the rest need to prepare carefully for a long time.