Interesting Facts About Canada - Canada – is a country in North America. Coast of Canada washed by the water of the three world’s oceans – the Atlantic ocean, the Pacific ocean and the Arctic ocean.
Canada borders with the United States, France (St. Pierre and Miquelon) and Denmark (Greenland). Canada has two official languages – English and French.
30 Interesting Facts About Canada
1. Canada is the second largest country on the planet. The first one is Russia.
2. Canadian and U.S. Border – is the longest common border in the world.
3. Canada has the longest line of sea coast on the planet – 244 000 km.
4. Basketball was invented in Canada. Winters in Canada are cold, but students need to go in for sports all over the year. The Canadian James Naismith found for this problem the simple solution – he invented basketball.
5. Canada has the world’s largest lake within another lake. The Lake Manitou is located on the Manitoulin Island, the Manitoulin Island and is located within a large lake – The Lake Huron.
6. People lived on the territory of Canada long ago. Archaeologists find evidence of life here Vikings around 1000 BC. e. Basically artifacts discovered on the island of Newfoundland.
7. Ice hockey – is the national sport of Canada. Hockey was invented in 1877.
8. The population density in Canada only 8.6 people per square mile. Less people only in Australia and in some African countries.
9. Name of the country comes from the “Kanata” in the language of the local Indians, the Iroquois, it means – “village”, “settlement”.
10. In Canada is a very beautiful nature and one can see many wild animals. In the country live wild moose and bears gnawed.
11. In 1841, Canada invented the first paper from wood pulp.
12. Canada – is the one of the leading manufacturers of cheese on the planet. Canadians produce about 350 tons of cheese per year. But residents of Canada and love to eat it. Every Canadian, on average eats 10 kg of cheese per year.
13. In Canada, there are 50% of total reserves of natural bitumen in the world. Bitumen is used for the production of asphalt.
14. Canada has the world’s largest indoor amusement park. Galaxyland Amusement Park - in Edmonton Mall is the largest amusement park, located in the building.
15. In Canada were invented many useful for mankind things. Canadians invented the electron microscope, electric organ, insulin, kerosene, electric stove and a snowmobile.
16. Canada has more inland waters, than all the countries in the world.
16. Fun fact. In 2003, several Moldovan women illegally emigrated to Canada, calling themselves – the women’s team Moldova underwater hockey. The scam was cranked by another citizen of Moldova, who collected from the girls some money. To get a visa, this “team” traveled to Egypt, where they were in the “training camps”. As soon as the plane flew with the team to Canada, where was held the World Cup, all the ” athletes ” have disappeared. Some time later, “the team” filed for refugee status.
18. In Canada there is one of the world famous waterfalls Niagara Falls.
19. Canada has the smallest prison in the world. Area of the prison is only 270 square meters.
20. Beaver – is a symbol of Canada, almost as famous as the maple leaf.
21. Canada – is the one of the richest countries in the world. GDP per capita of about U.S. $ 46,000. For comparison, the UK approximately 34,500.
22. Canadians are very fond of animals. Almost every family has a pet. SPCA clarifies citizens how to properly care for your pet.
23. Canada is the best country to live comfortably. Over the past 5 years, 4 times the UN gave that title to Canada. The high-income country, low crime rate and a very friendly and pleasant citizens.
24. The most advanced health systems in the world are in Canada. Health care is free.
25. During World War II, the Royal Family of the Netherlands was evacuated to Canada. Queen Juliana in Canada gave birth to her third daughter – Margaret. With the special decree of Canadian government, the ward where the daughter was born, declared outside the jurisdiction of Canada. Made it to the Queen’s daughter was able to claim the throne of the Netherlands. In appreciation, the Netherlands every year send thousands of tulip bulbs to Ottawa Tulip Festival.
26. «A Mari Usque ad Mare» – Canada’s motto, which means “from sea to sea.”
27. In Canada lives unusual white bear – Kermodsky bear subspecies baribala (American black bear). In this kind of bear has white wool, but he is not an albino and it is not a relative polar bears.
28. The dam, which was built by American beavers in Canada is 700 meters in length.
29. About 3% of Canadians annually are donating blood.
30. Canadian cuisine is very diverse, as the country is home to many nations from different corners of the planet. Each nation brings something different. But all Canadians love maple syrup. They invented with syrup many delicious dishes. Pies, pancakes, muffins and cakes, as well as all kinds of meat prepared or served with the addition of delicious maple syrup.
Welcome to Canada!!!